When establishing whether you are working with a reputable breeder it's all in the details. More often than not reputable breeders will have multiple breeds of puppies/kittens and parents. Occasionally you will have breeders that have only one or two dog/cats that they breed. A reputable breeder will follow state and federal laws as well as an established professional code of ethics. They will also have an established vaccine and deworming protocol and feeding schedule for their puppies. Many breeders will also offer a health guarantee and some breeders will offer health screening on the parents where others do not. This does not determine one to be reputable or not.
Breeders Planet is here to help connect you with your new forever puppy or kitten! We provide the platform for breeders from all over to list their puppies or kittens for sale. All of our seller’s identities are verified through Token of Trust. We want to know that the seller is who they claim to be! This will help to avoid the common puppy scam. We do not sell, raise or house the pets that are listed on our website. Our main goal at Breeders Planet is to create a simple safe and secure connection between our buyers and sellers with our advertising service.
As long as the breeder is confident that the puppy/kitten is ready to go and the puppy/kitten is at least 8 weeks old, you should be able to get your puppy/kitten right away.
Once you have found the puppy/kitten you are interested in click on their photo for more information! The puppies/kittens page will have details for date of birth, gender, location registration etc. The seller’s general location and contact info will be displayed!
There are many different options for delivery! The best is a private nanny that will tend to the puppy the entire trip. There are commercial shippers that can transport a puppy via ground or air.
It is very important that you ask your breeder this question. Everyone has a different type of health guarantee. We would recommend reviewing this or asking about it prior to purchase! Breeders Planet is solely an advertising source for buyers to connect with sellers. We cannot guarantee the health of your new pet.
Puppy and kitten scammers alike will post fake ads online or pretend to be someone they’re not. They do this to take advantage of an eager family looking to purchase their next pet. This means that if you aren’t careful, you could find the perfect puppy, send the ‘breeder’ your money, and never receive a puppy or any follow-up communication in return. Luckily, it’s easy to know what to look for to ensure your puppy buying experience is both safe and enjoyable.
- The price is too good to be true. Pets that are advertised way below the current market price are a good indicator that the listing may be a scam. You know what they say, “if it's too good to be true it probably is…. a scam”.
- Only use safe payment options such as PayPal, Credit/Debit or cash.
- Venmo Cashapp chase quick pay etc. are not secure and are not meant for business transactions.
- DO NOT pay with Gift Cards, Western Union or Bank Wire
- Only Communicating by Email. Email is great but we would recommend following that up with a phone call, text or video chat! (Scammers outside of the U.S. may be hiding their phone number by only communicating by email.
- Copycat or stock photos. Ask for more pictures and videos!
- Plenty of honest breeders place ads on multiple websites and platforms with the same puppy description. You can always contact them directly and ask for more photos or video! This is not a red flag!